What’s in my bag?
Last updated: November 2023
“Why carry such a big purse?” My friend asked me one day. “Well," I replied “I really may need it.” She looked quite perplexed.
You never know what you're going to need
This has become a daily necessity ever since being diagnosed with TED. If you’ve been diagnosed, you get me. You understand that no two days present the same needs. On any given day, I may need what’s in my purse. So, what do I consider necessities?
Here are some suggestions:
- 1. Eye drops- my eyes often are dry and red.
2. Eye patch- sometimes I have one eye that causes double vision.
3. 2 pairs of sunglasses. I always need at least one pair, often need two
4. Visor or hat- light sensitivity
5. Eye cover- I often have to cover and rest both eyes.
6. Medicine for the eye pain
7. Motion sickness band- I often get double vision which can give me a headache or motion sickness
8. Reading glasses
9. Phone to shine the light on menus when lighting is low
10. Lipstick/ lip balm. My lips often get dry from medication
11. Leg cramp cream
12. Water to drink
13. Dry mouth lozenges.
No one plans to have issues but I hate not being prepared. I hate to be miserable. I hope this is helpful.
So, what do you carry?
What in your life has TED impacted? (Select all that apply)